Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yesterday my friend Nohea and I took a jaunt over to Hillcrest to check out Buffalo Exchange, which we'd heard a lot about but had never been to.

To put it simply, the trip was insane. It was both of our first times attempting to take public transportation in San Diego...and it's apparent that neither of us are natives.

Ultimately, we learned that:
- Buses kind of suck.
- The trolley is magnificent.
- We should be thankful every day for the shuttle.
- Sometimes, trying on wigs comes at a price.
- Buffalo Exchange is alright...but, again, I am not a bargain shopper (as seen in the blog below). I did, however, find a cute skirt that was too big for me (oh well).
- Old Town is a safe haven.
- Pinkberry is delicioussss.
- Sometimes it is necessary to ask questions.
- Somehow, everything always comes together in the end (however, we probably won't be going to Hillcrest for a while now).

Upon our return to Old Town, we could have kissed the ground we were so happy to be alive. And then we celebrated with a delicious Mexican meal.

Next weekend I'm going to go to Oktoberfest with my friend Andrea, and I am psyched!


P.S. We also met this guy in Hillcrest:
The one with the chest hair. Stud!

No comments: