Monday, November 17, 2008


If you take Ecology, you get to do the wonderful compost heap project. You basically mix up random materials with a bunch of dirt and watch it as it decomposes over time. You also either get to keep it in your room (which your roommate would love) or keep it outside and have fun looking kind of crazy as you take pictures of a box full of dirt. This is how mine turned out, and I just had to show off how incredibly beautiful it was.

But seriously, if you have to take a biology class (which you do), Ecology is where it's at. I'm not a science person at all, but I have learned so much! The professor- Maskiewicz- wants us to learn by doing, and it really works. I admit, I do get confused a lot. But when it comes down to it, I feel like I have never known this much about science in my entire life.

The faculty at Point Loma is great about making sure you really learn things.


P.S. Thanksgiving break is in a week, and I get to go home for the first time since August!
P.P.S. I can now make hot tea in my dorm room thanks to a hot pot from mama (and I am determined to use it, despite the fact that it has been ninety degrees outside the last couple of days)! I was even compelled to clean up my desk area, which only happens every once in a while.
P.P.P.S. My "Song of the Moment" is Queen's Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy.


Great hair, too.

No comments: